Dear Parents and Families,
Welcome to the homepage of the Meroby Pintos. I invite you to learn about our school through these pages. Meroby is located in Mexico, Maine, and proudly serves students and families from Mexico and the surrounding towns of Rumford, Byron and Roxbury. We are a Pre K to 5, school-wide Title 1 elementary school with approximately 290 students. Because of this we are able to offer a quality reading program to all learners. We are a Maine Literacy Partnership site and embrace the philosophy of a balanced literacy approach in our core program. Be Kind. Be Safe. Be Respectful. Be Responsible. Meroby is a PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) school with a big heart. Through clearly defining what we believe is the best environment in which to learn and grow, we strive to meet the academic and emotional needs of 100% of our students.
Thanks for visiting. You will see many of the positive experiences Meroby’s teachers provide for students.
Mrs. Fuller, Principal
- Meroby Elementary teachers will have a well-defined and publicized plan to ensure fidelity of existing frameworks and program such as; PBIS, Envision, and the Calkins Reading and Writing Units of Study.
- Meroby will have a well-defined plan to develop student stamina and independence during reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Meroby will have a well-defined publicized plan to ensure implementation of Marzanano’s Art and Science of Teaching and our new evaluation system based on the domains outlined in this book.
- Meroby Elementary will have a well-defined and publicized plan to ensure family and community engagement through school wide events and P.O.M.S. our parent group.
At Meroby Elementary School education is joyful, collaborative, well-rounded and pursued by everyone.
Daily learning supports opportunities for our students and teachers to model and demonstrate dependability, flexibility, communication and collaboration. We believe each person shall act as a responsible, reflective, problem-solving citizen.
- Everyone learns best in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe.
- Mistakes are part of the learning process.
- Students’ basic needs must be met for learning to occur.
- Everyone learns best when teaching and learning are based on positive and healthy relationships and culture.
- There are high expectations for teaching and learning.
- Everyone learns in different ways, at different rates, and for different reasons.
- Family engagement is an important part of student success.
- Learning is meaningful and relevant and fun.
- Clear learning targets, student goal setting, and continuous reflection are essential to successful learning.